Kiss and Tell 5
Use Your Social Network to Build The Memorial and Appear on a Billboard
Thank you for your interest in the 25-foot rendition of Embracing Peace at future home of The Michigan WWII Legacy Memorial at Royal Oak’s Memorial Park on Woodward Avenue, north of 13 Mile Road.
With many WWII veterans and home front workers in their nineties, they are dying at an alarming rate. We must raise funds without delay so that as many as possible of those that remain are alive to see the Michigan WWII Legacy Memorial become a reality. Here’s how you can help. We call it Kiss and Tell 5.
Take a picture either in front of the sculpture or reenacting the KISS somewhere else, post the picture on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #kissandtell5, make a donation at kissandtell5.org and TELL FIVE friends to do the same.
See below for more details and tips:
- Take your KISS photograph in front of the sculpture either re-enacting the kiss, with a group, your dog or by yourself.
- Spotlight Michigan by re-enacting the kiss in your own backyard or some well-know Michigan location. Consider Sleeping Bear dunes, the porch of Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island or in front of the Joe Louis fist.
- Go global and re-enact the kiss at in front of Mount Rushmore, the Eiffel Tower or any famous other national or international location.
- Put on a nurse’s hat or go all out with a full sailor suit.
- Make your donation in honor of someone or something that this program inspired. This can be your grandfather, the freedoms tat the Greatest Generation preserved or just the fact that you think a 25-foot Embracing Peace statue is cool. Make it personal.
- Note that your donation will be used to help fund The Michigan WWII Legacy Memorial
- Tag your five friends to TELL them they are being invited to participate.
- If you are on Facebook, Like The Michigan WWII Legacy Memorial.
- Tag your picture with our page.
- TELL everyone about the special person or cause you honored with your donation as part of your posting.
- Make sure your friends know to tell FIVE of their friends as well.
Tagged pictures may be used to compose a mosaic image of a portion of the picture to the right that may be displayed on a billboard in Royal Oak*.
Click here for more information on this installation of Embracing Peace that is here on loan through the end of 2016.
Remember, Embracing Peace is only here through December 2016 so please act now.
Click here for a printable flyer about this program.
* By tagging your picture you are consenting to the use of your image by The Michigan WWII Legacy Memorial and the city of Royal Oak.
If you wish to donate but not have your image used, please contact us at email@example.com
Embracing Peace by Seward Johnson ©2004, 2005 The Seward Johnson Atelier, Inc. sewardjohnsonatelier.org